Author Topic: What do you eat/snack on?  (Read 986 times)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
What do you eat/snack on?
« on: January 09, 2006, 23:03:04 pm »
Liam is 7.5mo & still bf & as he is a heffalumpa (23+ lb & 30inches) I have been saying he needs me to eat lots BUT I am stacking on the weight as I eat tooo much rubbish.

I start off the day well with a big bowl of cereal, milk & yogurt & then I share fruit & either crumpets/raisin toast with Aiden for morning tea, but then the day deteriorates & I go on the junk scroung...I know I shouldn't have it in the house, but DH buys it for his stepdaughter & then I end up replacing it cos I ate it KWIM

i actually weigh more now than I did when I delivered Liam... I just can't seem to stop eating the rubbish as I am HUNGRY after each feed.

SO what do other bf mums eat?
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Diego's Mama

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 23:11:55 pm »
I'm not breastfeeding anymore, but as a general nutritional guide, you're often hungry because your body is craving nutrients.  That's why people can be hungry shortly after eating something junky, it didn't give the body anything that it was looking for, so it keeps on looking, hence you continue on being hungry.

I find this true with bouts of sleepyness too.  I find that I'm often dragging mid-day and if I eat something very nutritious I pick right up.  That's evidence to me that my body was calling for what it needed.

I cook a lot, at least two meals a day -- so we have lots of nutritional leftovers around.  Honestly, cooking a lot, and cooking healthy is the only sure-fire way I know to keep weight at a stable and healthy average.

Offline Chantel03

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 25
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 00:18:47 am »
I had the same prob. when I was bf so what I did was got rid of all the junk.  Out of sight out of mind.  I still ate, but just healthier food.  I started buying whole wheat everything bread, noodles, rice, and crackers.  I would also get a bunch of vegies cut them up as soon as I got home, put them in a dish, and took them out and ate them with ranch dressing.  What else did I do lots of fruit, lowfat yougurt, jello, and sugar free pudding.  Oh and chesse I ate lots of lowfat chesse two, and then cooked lots of chicken and stuff.  This all helped.

The main thing for me was to stop snacking on stuff like sweats, and chips.  Good Luck. :D
Tanner- My active, fun loving 4yr old.
Kaitlyn- My new baby girl.