Author Topic: Seperation Anxiety???????  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: January 10, 2006, 02:21:10 am »
My DD is 10 months old and the past couple of nights she will wake up screaming.  I will go in pick her up to reassure her and then lay her back down.  She will go back to sleep as long as I keep my hand on her back but if I leave she goes nuts.  How do you deal with this?  She usually wakes 1x a night but has slept through before.  Last night I had to go into her room 6x!
Any advice would be welcomed.
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
Seperation Anxiety???????
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 02:35:05 am »
I have no advice, but to ask that you move over so I can sit beside you and see what everybody else says.  Cait is 7 months and doing the same thing....It is really starting to drive me batty.  :evil:

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 02:50:04 am »
It does sound like a case of separation anxiety.  AFter all other bases are cover (wet diaper, sick, etc.) What I would do is go in and lay her down and then put your hand on her back, or whatever works and whisper something reassuring like "it's ok sweetie, it's time to sleep" until she stops crying.  Then I would walk out of the room.  If she starts crying, go right back in and do the same thing until she stops crying again, and then walk right back out.  I probably wouldn't leave my hand on her back until she falls asleep because you don't want that to become a prop.  Overall, the theory is just like pu/pd, only a lot easier  :lol:
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 03:39:55 am »
Thanks Noelle.  I will start to do that tonight. 

Just to complicate matters, my dh and I are going skiing for 4 days this weekend and she will be staying with my parents.  She loves them and has a great time at their house, but I am obviously worried about leaving her.  Any advice for when we get home and do you think this will make the problem worse or better?
Thanks
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 03:48:06 am »
Ahhh....well if your parents are anything like mine and my in-laws they will bring her out of the room and play with her until she is happy, or rock to sleep, etc :D  (I prefer this over crying to sleep though  :wink: ).  If yours are pretty good, you could explain to them what you would like them to do and hope they do it.  :D   Otherwise, it may just revert back and you will have to start again.  Though DON'T WORRY and HAVE FUN!!!  As long as you have a plan of action, all will be ok.  Sometimes it's exhausting and hard work but it works out in the end :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom