Author Topic: Constant night waking...don't know what else to do!  (Read 1274 times)

Offline hlc662

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Constant night waking...don't know what else to do!
« on: January 02, 2006, 02:50:33 am »
My seven month old has never been a very good sleeper.  BW has helped tremendoulsy!!!!  BUT, lately she has been waking up almost every hour all night long.  She wakes up and cries.  I go in and either put the paci in her mouth or just pick her up and she goes right back to sleep.  I don't know what else to do.  She doesn't wake up when she spits out her paci, she just likes it to go back to sleep.  Do I need to break the paci habit?

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 18:17:31 pm »
either break the habit, or hope that she learns how to put it back in herself.   :wink:

there are all sorts of posts on the props board on how to get rid of the paci, if that's what you decide to do.  you will probably use some form of pu/pd to help break that habit - kinda similar to what you are doing now when you pick her up & she goes back to sleep.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline ftom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 17:32:31 pm »
I am a first time Mom and alone.  My little one (9 weeks) only sleeps 1-2 hours then wakes.  He does however have (2) 3 hour stretches in day and around 4ish.  When he wakes I either pat him back for yet another 1 hour wake up or hold him and he does go immediately back to sleep but then wakes up again in another hour.  I have tried to fill his belly and have him in dark room and swaddled him.

Offline Gilby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 01:45:16 am »
Dear Ftom

I am only guessing, but perhaps your little one is switching day for night and so perhaps don't let him sleep so long during the day.  I think BW recommends no longer than 2 hours each time during the day.  So if he is sleeping 2 x 3 hour stretches, he may not be getting enough milk to go the longer time at night.

Try 3 hour EASY, it worked with my little girl and in fact saved my sanity!  So you should feed him then keep him up until you see sleep signals (yawn, eye rubbing etc) then hopefully he should sleep about 1.5hours then it all rolls around again.  So you should be feeding him every 3 hours.

Good luck and I hope that helps.  Check out the more detailed EASY plan for more info.

:lol:
Gill - Mum of Lucy 30 March 2005