Author Topic: pu/pd 5 month going but naps affected  (Read 807 times)

Offline niky

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 10, 2006, 03:10:37 am »
I have a 5 month old that i started the pu.pd in the night it is going only 4 days into it but she is not successfully sleeping in her crib as she was on mommy and daddy's chest or bed previously. now we got her finally in her crib.  I still rock her in the day to whine her down and sing to her but her naps are maybe 20 min to 35 min 3 x a day. when before she would take 1 to 2 hours naps 3x daily.  grant you in the night she was waking up in our bed sometimes every hour and know since we started pu pd she is giving me now 3 to 3.5 hours of undisturbed sleep. the most i had since i had her.. am i doing anything wrong and why are her naps so short. she is a hard one to change habits. any suggestions?
NDJ

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
pu/pd 5 month going but naps affected
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 09:26:17 am »
Now she is learning to fall asleep in the crib, but she hasn't learnt to "resettle herself" into a new sleep cycle, yet that can take longer to "perfect"... I would suggest posting on the "nap" forums as their are people there who are more "clued up" on nap problems than I am... but I think if you want longer naps you need to try & resettle her again for another 30+ minutes & evenutally they "work it out" & do longer naps.

HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05