Author Topic: Did I screw up..nap time  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: January 10, 2006, 17:53:30 pm »
Well Carm woke up at 7:45 this morning.  I don't know if she was up any earlier because we've been having our own white noise on while she is in this sleep transition.  At 9:00 she was already yawning and seemed ready for a nap.  We ran our errands and went to music class.  She wasn't herself in music class and kept laying on the ground and rubbing her eyes. 

We got home and she got a second wind.  She had lunch (she was starving so she ate a bit early).....and I put her in at 12:35 (her normal time is 12:30-12:45.....usually more like 12:45).  And she's crying still :(  She normally doesn't cry so I am thinking she's overtired :( 

I just can't figure this kid out!  Somedays she wants an early nap and some later, how am I supposed to know when she's really tired and ready for a nap or when she's rubbing her eyes but if I put her in early she'll play and talk?!?!

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Did I screw up..nap time
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 17:56:23 pm »
I'm right there with you! I was thinking this morning, I have no idea what to do with Karina today, as it's been so long since she slept til after 7!! Of course she had to compensate for missing the nap yesterday, but I"m afraid she might not want to nap til 2 or something. Also, I think she's getting a little cold. I'll probably do the same as you and pretty much stick with the same time, maybe a little later. Hope Carmela gets her nap in - we know how much she needs it!
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 17:58:20 pm »
She's still crying.  I"m not used to this crying.  I went in once and she calmed right down, but when I left she continued to cry.  I'm not sure what to do.

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Did I screw up..nap time
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 18:07:58 pm »
Maybe the pat/shh technique, or walk in walk out til she stops for good? I know it's not exactly BW supported, but what we do sometimes to get Karina calm (not from crying just from being so hyper), is place a hand on her back while she lies there calmly in her crib (we leave if she starts playing). It helps keep her calm and we leave after a few minutes.
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 18:10:11 pm »
This is awful!  I went in once and she got quiet.  I just went in again and I picked her up and held her for four minutes and put her in and she's hysterical again!  I don't know what to do!  I don't know if she's overtired (I'm assuming) or what

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 18:23:25 pm »
Just about one hour of crying!  I don't know what's up.  I just called and made a doctor's appointment for her though because I just don't feel right lately about her.  She has a cold but that wouldn't keep her yawning, rubbing eyes and crying.  We'll see.

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 18:30:00 pm »
Oh well crying is over and now its playing soooo it looks we got no nap today.  I just made a doctor's appointment for a little while so hopefully we can find out what the hell is going on here.

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Did I screw up..nap time
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 18:45:21 pm »
I'm sorry, I know how frustrating that is. Maybe she has an ear infection? That always set my son off.
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 19:15:05 pm »
I finally took her into my bed and she crashed.  I never did this before and can't believe I did it today but I saw how tired this kid is.  I'm hoping I can get an answer from the ped today on whether she's sick or just has a cold and that tomorrow will be different!