Author Topic: Nursing strike/ distracted feeding - grrrrrr!  (Read 893 times)

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
Nursing strike/ distracted feeding - grrrrrr!
« on: January 10, 2006, 23:21:35 pm »
Just need a bit of advice and encouragement please :)  :)  Red has reached that stage where he just will not feed if there is ANYTHING else going on in the area, it is so infuriating! I bought a nursing necklace and it is has been working to a degree. This has been going on for a while, but just the last two days he has been terrible, and has barely nursed at all  :(  :(  He seems very happy though and not at all bothered by this! He is not teething (or at least if he is there are no other symptoms!). He is eating his solids well enough and i always (attempt) nursing before solids so i know that he is getting the milk he needs before solids on top of that. This is our routine feed wise, in case you spot anything that may help me:

8am wake and nurses
9am cereal
12pm nurses then solids (veggies)
3pm nurses
5.30pm solids (sometimes nurses too, but trying to cut this feed out)
7pm nurses
11pm nurses

What should i do if he doesn't nurse? Should i express? and if so should i offer it to him in a cup/ bottle or wait until the next time he is due a feed and try again then?

This is so frustrating, especially when he is just lying in my lap gurgling, instead of relieving my full boobs!! :roll:  :roll:
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 00:55:50 am »
Urg!  Frustrating I know!!  You sound like you're doing great with what he's letting you do. I'd be inclined to pump if you're feeling full and to maintain your supply but offer your breast the next time around.  Seems more like a nursing strike than anything else and they tend to pass after a few days...hopefuly this will be the case with Red! :roll:
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:02:37 am »
I absolutely agree with Erin!  :D  Yes on the pump and keep offering!
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies