Author Topic: Hidrolized Protein  (Read 1881 times)

Offline margarita

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Luis Enrique 08/11/2005
Hidrolized Protein
« on: January 11, 2006, 14:48:45 pm »
Hi again! My 5 month old is with Hidrolized Protein for about a month and a half now, he is eating every 5onz every three hours, but doesn't always finish the bottle.  Is this too little?  Also, does anyone know if this formula process faster in his stomach and make him hungrier?

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Hidrolized Protein
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 17:59:48 pm »
Hi!  I am guessing that you are talking about hypoallergenic formula?  5 oz every 3 hours sounds pretty good to me...  How many ounces would that be per day? 

Yes, the hypoallergenic formulas are digested more quickly, so it is possible that he could be hungry more quickly.  But a feed every three hours sounds like it is frequent enough...  I would definitely check with doctor, though...

Sorry I couldn't help more...   :wink:
Sheila
ng

Offline margarita

• Showing Appreciation 1
Hidrolized Protein
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 02:59:02 am »
Thanks. i will ask my doctor!

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Hidrolized Protein
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 03:19:57 am »
Magrita:

My son is also on the Hydrolized Formula, called Nutramigen.  How old is your baby?  I do think that is deft. does empty faster from there stomach's as it is already pre-disted for them.

I can't imagine how they actually can drink this stuff.  My son has been on it since he was 6 weeks old and is now almost 6 months old.

When are you planning on taking your son off of the "special formu
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline margarita

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 20:22:24 pm »
Dr. said he should continue till he's 1year old.  He's almost 6months old now, and still doesn't sleep through the night.  He wakes up two times to eat, and last night he ate 8ounces when he went to bed.  A first!  I'm hoping that eating solids (starting next week) will help.  My baby was born August 11, how about yours?

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 03:56:13 am »
Hey Margarita:

My son was born August 8th and he does not sleep through the night either, so sounds like we have ALOT in common. 

I started him on solids at around 4 months, but that was a big no no.  He stoped taking his bottle, then came down with a stomach virus so that did not help.  Anyhow after dealing with throwing up for one week and changing to a new doctor, he is going a lot better now.  I thought he had acid reflux from day one, he would always arch his back, scream in pain.  My "old" doctors said No, sincehe is not throwing up, he does not have acid reflux.  We at age 5 weeks, he literally only sleep maybe an hour and screamed for about 24 hours straight, I am new mom, so I was clueless and stressed.  I called my "old" doctors office CRYING... They said it sounds like "colic" to try the Nutramigen, hypo-allergenic formula.  Within a day we  had a new baby.  He still is very fussy, but I finally swithced to a new doctor for many reasons and well right off she said "he deft. has acid refulx".  He is on Pepcid 2 x's a day and they switched his formula to Similiac Alimentum, it is just like the other stuff just a differnt company makes it, but.. she said a lot of babies take to this  brand better. And WOW.. He downs every bottle now.  So now he is back to eating solids (3 meals a day) and 4 6 oz. bottles and still wakes up at night between 12:00 & 4:00 for another bottle.

I am trying everything to get my son to sleep all night, I think a lot of it has become "habit" for him.  In the beginning as very tired and stressed new parents, we took the easy way out and feed him when he woke up, so we are now working on trying to change that. 

So what all is your son doing now?  Any teeth yet?  I sware I think my son has been teething since 3 mos. old, but still no teeth.
What does his routine look like?

Here is my sons (I think we finally got one down) :).

6:15/6:30 -Wake up (we have to leave for work)
7:00- Bottle 6 oz. w/ 3 teaspoons of rice cereal mixed in (per or doctor for the reflux)
8:00- Solids Oatmeal mixed with formula and a little tiny bit of juice for flavor ;)
Between 8:30/9:00:  Nap 1, He only sleeps about 45 minutes here, will not sleep longer....

11:00 Bottle 6 oz. with cereal mixed in
12:00- Solids Oatmeal again, After his 6 mo. check up I will proably change this to a vegetable.
1:00 - Nap 2:  2 hours.  Sometimes he wakes up after an hour, but if you "sooth" him, he will fall back to sleep
3:00- Bottle 6 oz. with cereal mixed in
4:45 -  I pick him up from the sitters
5:00 - We are home.
5:45- Solids - Stage 1 thing of Fruit.
6:15 - Bedtime routine starts, Bath, Pajama's
6:45/7:00-  Last 6 oz. Bottle.
Lights out...

It is hard because from the time I pick him up in the evenings it is like Bamn Bamn Bamn...  No time for nothing else.  How does anyone ever go out in the evenings with there child if they go to sleep at 7:00, like most babies on here do.???

Hope to hear from you, It is always nice to talk to someone who is in the same situation I am..  Maybe togther we can come up with a plan for them to sleep all night :)

-Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!