Author Topic: When did your difficult sleeper finally SLEEP?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline kim&savannah

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
When did your difficult sleeper finally SLEEP?
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:13:21 am »
OK--so we're at over 18 months of interrupted nights and I'm just wondering, for those of you who had trouble getting your kids to sleep, when did they finally do it?  After their teeth were all in?  Did you do something different?

Savannah very rarely will sleep straight through (this has happened less than 10 times total in her life) and then a couple nights a week will wake once or twice, but not need us to go in to her, but the other nights, we're in there, laying her down, rubbing her back (although I'm cutting back on that this week--my back is killing me), and telling her its still night-night time.  she's had reflux, horrible teething, cold after cold--I just wonder if there is some age that it usually all goes away by?  I need to know there is a light at the end of this tunnel!!!

~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 04:19:54 am »
Ummm, well I'm still waiting for it to be a consistent thing....we get maybe a month of sleep throughs or the odd night here and there and then we're back to wakings.... :roll: He's been BWd from the start and we're consistent, do all the right things...

Sorry, that's not the answer you want...oh and all his teeth came through when he was about 24mths and he's now over 2.5.  I've heard by age 3 things are meant to have settled down significantly.

Offline annabellesmommy

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • Flower Child
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 05:43:12 am »
We're still waiting too. :?   We have at least 1-4 night wakings a week.  And sometimes, that happens in one night and it's more like 4-12 wakings a week.  Although, most of the time it's a quick pick her up, give a drink, rub her back, lay her back down (less than 2 minutes).  However, it still breaks up our sleep.

But, I'm pretty sure most of Annabelle's deal is still the last of her teeth, she's still a little Touchy and she has nightmare's regularly.  The nightmares creep dh and I out because we will go in and she is will be facing the wall, yelling something, with her eyes closed :shock:
Molly 5-15-07

Offline kim&savannah

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 16:49:11 pm »
LOL--you are right--that isn't what I wanted to hear :?   But at least I know we aren't alone and its not necessarily that we've totally screwed things up.  I know we've made mistakes along the way and when she's sick, I feel like I need to do more than lay her back down, so we keep going in circles with our bad habits, but right now we're being very consistant and I'm just hoping as these eye teeth come in, maybe we'll get a bit of a break--even weeks with only 1-4 night wakings sound like a dream.   :P

Good luck with both of yours!  This has got to be the hardest thing I've ever done!  I LOVE sleeping!

~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11