Author Topic: All of a sudden!  (Read 1506 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
All of a sudden!
« on: January 12, 2006, 15:09:01 pm »
He has been going down to bed great!  I even have to leave the room.  I lay him down and he starts talking to him self and then goes to sleep.  He was only eating once at night, 1:30am, over new years and the week after.  Then last week he was eating at 12 and 4 again.  But only waking those two times.
But monday night he woke around 9:30 (he goes down at 8:00) and I got him to go to sleep quickly (gave him a drink of water and he was down).  Then he woke at 12:00 and I fed him then he woke at 2:45 screaming.  We kept trying to but him back to sleep but he kept going in and out.  Finally at 4am I fed him.  He slept until 7:30am!
Then Tuesday night he went down great and woke at 11:15 screaming.  We are trying to get him to go longer with out eating but it hadn't even been 4 hours so I didn't feed him.  But he would calm down so we would put him back in bed and then he would do the little winey thing (trying to get to sleep) then be quite and still and then start up again.  This lasted until 12:15am when I finally fed him because it had been 4 hours.  Then he slept the rest of the night to 7:30am!
Then yesturday we had a busy day and went to the doctor for his shots and he didn't get 2 full naps, just one full one and two cat naps.  Last night he WOULD NOT go down he just kept screaming and I finally had to rock him to sleep.  Then he woke at 11:30 screaming so I fed him.  I wasn't going to feed him the rest of the night since the night before he went from 12-7:30 but then he woke at 1:30 and we put him back to sleep and then again at 2:30 and then again at 3:30 so I fed him!  Now it's 8am and he's still asleep.  I gave him tylenol at the beginning of the night and then at 1:30 I gave him teething tablets and water, and then at 2:30 I gave him tylenol and water, then fed him at 3:30.  (dh gets up at 5:30 so I hadto do something to let him sleep)
What is going on?  We were planning on starting a dream feed at 9:45pm and making him go until 7:30am this weekend but now I don't know what to do!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 15:12:31 pm »
Sorry, I don't have any advice for you, but just wanted to tell you, Love, Love, Love your collage avatar.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
All of a sudden!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 15:55:57 pm »
Thank you!

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
All of a sudden!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 16:12:14 pm »
Sounds like the 6 month growth spurt.  Has he been taking a full feed?
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
All of a sudden!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 16:23:58 pm »
I don't know.  I'm bf and can't really tell.  He already had his 6mn growth spurt.  I know because he would drain both sides and have to have a bottle as well.  That was a few weeks ago.  He has always eaten at night.  That is nothing new.  He was twice and then went down to once for a week and then back up to twice.  But these last 3 nights have been very weird.

Oh ya,  I finally went in and woke him up at 8:15 and he wasn't interested in eating until I offered it.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
All of a sudden!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 01:23:33 am »
For what its worth in BF babies the 6month growth spurt is often on again off again & can go on for a whole month... if you were giving bottles as well, I'm guessing your supply didn't quite regulate & so it is the "next stage"... he may go through lots of Mini growth spurts until over 7months... my ds#2 has been like that & I think it was the same with #1, although I didn't see it that way then
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05