Author Topic: Not sure??  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Not sure??
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:56:56 am »
Liam has has some very mild eczema in places like the backs of knees since he was a newborn, but in recent weeks he has had an eczema like rash on his belly... this kind of came up the same time as he started commando crawling (it is right at the point he drags his belly)

at first I thought maybe solids, so I cut right back on most & only kept to 3 types (pear, rice & zuchinni) for 2 weeks... no change.

We have also had a heat wave & that seems to make him very hot too.

I am mostly thinking it is more friction & heat as he has no other signs of food allergy (consistant bm, no face rash - apart from a tiny spot of eczema under his eye since about 4mo) & the rash really doesn't get better or worse from day today...it is just above the nappy line.

So I'm thinking it isn't an allergy (I had dairy intolerance as a child & so held off with ds#1 & he is fine with it) & he has only been on rice, corn fruits & vegs, so nothing too allergic.

he is bf & was fine but the tranistion to solids & commando crawling were the same time...

Love some thoughts
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Not sure??
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 14:17:49 pm »
Sounds like you nailed it correctly.  Does it itch or anything?
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
Not sure??
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 14:31:02 pm »
sounds to me like heat rash or a little "carpet burn".......I'd just keep an eye on it and see if it changes!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011