Author Topic: When did your child grow out of MP allergy?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline ElleB

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
When did your child grow out of MP allergy?
« on: January 13, 2006, 01:14:32 am »
My 15 mo experienced severe 2 hour vomiting at age 6 weeks (formula), 11 weeks (formula), 4 (1/4 tsp yoghurt) and 6 months (accidentally fed baby cereal containing skim milk powder).  He has not had any dairy since then.  We had a blood test which came up negative and haven't been down the road of skin prick testing yet.  Last week he accidentally ate a chip containing a milk based flavouring and had no reaction.  Twice this week I've given him a cracker containing milk powder and again no reaction.

I'm tempted to try him on something with a little more milk in it.  My paed said we wouldn't try this until 2.5 years but I don't want to restrict his diet unnecessarily.  He said we would try dairy in the order of cooked milk in a biscuit, yoghurt, cheese then finally milk.  I was going to try a tin of spaghetti that cotains a teensy amount of cheese

Can anyone share their experience with MP allergy and when their children grew out of it?
EB XXX

Offline Livvismum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
When did your child grow out of MP allergy?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 19:42:46 pm »
Hi there. Liv has MP allergy but whereas she reacted with diarrea, eczema, blood in stools etc when I was breastfeeding, her sensitivity seems to have decreased and she can now tolerate margarine but not chocolate, cheese and items with a large amount of milk in. The first week of re-introducing milk she seemed to be ok but then she started to come out in a rash around her mouth.

We didn't start her on milk products until after her milk challenge in hospital.

hth
good luck
Sara