Author Topic: He hates baby food.  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
He hates baby food.
« on: January 13, 2006, 01:37:05 am »
Is it normal for the lo's to refuse baby food?  He ate half a bowl (a big bowl) of chicken stew tonight.  And then I gave him ice cream cause it's too much fun :lol: .  But at daycare I leave him with the stage three jar foods and refused to eat them.  Thank God I had packed a pop-tart.  Is this normal?  I have tasted his foods, but they aren't that bad, just a bit bland.  Am I going to have to send him to school with home cooked stuff?  Oh, I am so embarrassed - but I just don't cook.  Thank you DH for freezing the stew!

Crystal

stasztk

He hates baby food.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 02:45:54 am »
:lol: looks like he is growing up! Have you tried the toddler meals?

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
He hates baby food.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 12:19:59 pm »
I just bought some last night.  We'll see how it goes today.  I guess he just likes more flavor. :D

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
He hates baby food.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 12:54:45 pm »
Zoe wouldn't take pureed or cereal for me since about 6-7 months.  Only a couple of spoonfuls.  So I just gave her finger foods and she ate like no tomorrow.....we didn't buy any more pureeds from that time on...

:D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
He hates baby food.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 12:46:14 pm »
O.K. Now what do I do?  He won't eat the Gerber graduate plates even at daycare.  Purees are out for good.  So what do you feed a kid who has no molars?  He loves chicken stew and white chili, and thought he died and went to heaven when he got biscuits and gravy the other day.  He wants big people food, but not pureed, so the blender is out.  So confused.  Is it true that it is stage and he'll eat what I put in front of him again?

Thanks for all your help,

Crystal

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
He hates baby food.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 13:22:16 pm »
Noelle

Just seen your post, my DD is now starting to refuse pureed food, if she does she will only eat a couple of spoonfuls.  She is taking half a pot of yoghurt, but she will only feed herself, she refuses to let me feed her, and half of it ends up down herself.  Oh the joys of weaning.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline ClaireFun

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: He hates baby food.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 08:17:20 am »
Isaac is 17 months and will only grudgingly accept the most 'chunky' of the toddler age jars. Spaghetti & meatballs is his absolute favourite - SOOO messy, but what fun he has sucking up the spaghetti! I think it is their age - therre's so much more interesting food out there for them to have! Good luck

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Re: He hates baby food.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 04:11:45 am »
Will he eat finger foods?  I send LO off to nursery w/ crackers, cheese or tofu, fruit like pears or peaches and veg (which she never eats anyway).  All food you don't need to cook lol!