Author Topic: Conducting aerobic classes in crib!!  (Read 901 times)

Offline kendra's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Conducting aerobic classes in crib!!
« on: January 13, 2006, 03:53:24 am »
My lo is about 7 1/2 months old.  She is night waking just like everyone elses lo seems be doing around this age so I do find that comforting (even though I missed those nights of placing her to bed and not worrying until morning!).  What I am curious about is how she spends her last 20 minutes in her crib before drifting off to sleep.

Our bedtime routine hasn't changed.  Every second night there is a bath.  We generally hang out quietly in front of the computer or she hangs out with my husband watching tv.  When we start to see signs of tiredness (a yawn, rubbing eyes, maybe pull at ears), I slowly take her upstairs to her room.  She starts with more signs of sleepiness as I go upstairs cause I think she knows what is about to happen next.  We close the blinds, turn on the heater (provides both heat and white noise) and turn on her music.  I stand her in the crib and then help her to sit.  While she is sitting, I pull her blanket to her and she generally then gently 'face plants' into it and gives out a bit of a pleased sound.  Then I help her to lay back.  She usually pulls the blanket up closer to her face and seems to settle in.  That lasts only a few minutes and then the aerobic class starts!  It is unbelievable how much she moves around the crib.  With all her floor time during the day, I rarely see her move that much!  She probably does it about 20-25 minutes before she falls asleep.  I am perplexed as she seems so ready to sleep and then all hell breaks loose.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  I would feel much better knowing that someone else's lo does the same thing.  I have read the message boards on night wakings so I accept that is just part of this stage/age but what about these crib-time aerobic classes?   I haven't started with book reading as part of her bedtime ritual as all she wants to do then is chew on the book....should I start anyway?

Thanks a bunch
Kendra Wyonna
Born June 2, 2005

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 03:58:45 am »
Over on the March/April '05 thread, we call that "cot Olympics" - and most of our LOs do it.  It's like they just need to wear themselves out a bit before sleep by "practicing" all their new moves they've been working on during the day.  I wouldn't change your bedtime routine at all though.  As long as she's still falling asleep independently and she's not crying through it all, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 04:18:15 am »
Aerobics...cot olympics - too funny!!  We call it Kung Fu fighting and actually sing that really awful 70's song!   :lol: "Everybody was kung fu fighting..."
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt