Author Topic: HELP! Need to adjust DD's internal clock  (Read 897 times)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
HELP! Need to adjust DD's internal clock
« on: January 13, 2006, 04:26:02 am »
We just switched DD to a 4hr EASY and things seem to be going okay, except she is getting up 2 times a night for a feed.  I know that twice doesn't seem like much, but she's only been waking once per night for over a month before the switch.  Thought it was a growth spurt, but I really think she's dropping her bedtime bottle instead of an overnight feed. 

1.  She LOVES her catnap and sometimes we have to wake her or she'd sleep clear through. 
2.  She is very restless from 5am - 7am.
3.  Since the switch, she's been very uninterested in her bedtime bottle and gets less interested every day.

We used to CF, but she dropped that on her own.  And, we've given DF a try a couple of times, but it didn't make much difference.  Probably didn't give it long enough, but the late nights and early mornings were too hard!!

It all makes me think that her internal clock thinks nighttime is from 4/5pm - 5am.  I live in Seattle and it gets dark here around 4pm and it's been especially dark and dreary lately. 

Any thoughts on how to adjust her internal clock?   TIA
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
HELP! Need to adjust DD's internal clock
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 16:02:15 pm »
Hmm...if she's capable of sleeping through from around 5:30 pm on, I would put her to bed for the night then for a few nights, then slowly work it up to 6 pm. I know it sounds insane, but a lot of lo's have a tendency to wake later if they're put to bed earlier. You could give it a try for a night and see if it works.

Honestly though, if your lo is waking at a specific time in the am, it's not easy to change that. You can try soothing back to sleep, giving a short feed then right back to bed, but if your lo wants to start her day early, there's really not much you can do about it...you can't force sleep on them, unfortunately (unless you know they are tired, and they're just refusing because they want to stay up and play).

Sorry I can't be more encouraging or have better advice! I can understand early am's...mine lately has been getting up at 5:30 am and chatting away until we get her up at 6. This morning she slept in until 6:30...not a normal thing, but we hope it continues :P

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005