Author Topic: Could really use some help  (Read 776 times)

Offline ktmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Could really use some help
« on: January 13, 2006, 08:41:02 am »
DDs nearly 19 months ols and over the past few weeks she seems to be eating less than she did.
Im just really worrying that shes not getting enough althpough shes still sleeping ok.
She has refused to let me spoon feed but hasnt get the hang of using a spoon or fork yet so im stuck with only giving her things she can pick up
I think after a while she gets board and loses interest. ( then eeverything goes on the floor :roll:
Here is what she has

6am 7oz Milk
8am Breakfast 1/2 crumpet a bit of pear or other fruit wont wat any more than this
10am 7oz Milk
10.30am Nap
12pm Lunch - Finger foods the amount is equlivant to 1 small sausage roll 1/4 slice of ham sometimes more. 2 slices of apple or pear
1 fromage frais

3pm Snack 1 biscuit or similar

5pm Dinner - This is the meal she will eat the most at equlivant to 2 strips of chicken, Pasta 1/2 kiddies bowl. 2 pieces of broccoli and a sausage. Finished off with a fromage frais

7pm 6 oz milk

She has water froma sippy available all through out the day

Hope someone can let me know what they think

Thanks
Karen

Offline beccarman

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
  • happy families!!
Could really use some help
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:59:07 am »
just wanted to give you some encouragement, i've struggled with dd eating/not eating, shes nearly 9 mths old so not the same issuses but i got some really good advise....look at the amount she has eaten over the week, apparently day to day isn't so important, is she going to the toilet/filling nappy (dirty and wet) regularly, and is she still sleeping well. babies know when they are hungry and i'm sure she'll let you know when she wants something. its good she has a sippy cup throughout the day as that would be a worry if shes wasn't drinking. i have also heard that from time to time children do seem to prefer to eat finger food than things off a spoon, this is definitely true of my nephew (13 mths). i was also advised to offer small amounts often...not too often though as if they are genuienly not hungry/off their food they will get fed up of being shown food!
i hope things improve soon as i know how frustrating and worrying to can be to see othe children eating and your own child isn't wanting anything!
do post soon to let us know how its going.