Author Topic: Now a nap question....  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: January 13, 2006, 17:12:46 pm »
Carmela was napping consistently at 12:45 (at least I was putting her in then)...then we went through her bedtime mishap and her naps were around noon instead.  One day 11:30 and the next 12, but around the same time.  Now yesterday and the day before she did fine until 12:30 and today we had a holy cow day.  I don't know if she was up all night or what, but at 10;30 she started getting tired and she was all done with snack...I tried to distract with playing with her but it was temper tantrum after temper tantrum.  I'm not kidding that she had 5 time outs and I had 2 myself because I was losing my temper.  I know she is tired (though I'mm not sure if that is the only reason she is acting this way).  She refused lunch, refused me to play with her, hold her, anything.  She punched me in the face, did everything I told her not to...just a HORRIBLE day.  So finally at noon after refusing lunch a second itme, I brought her upstairs.  She refused our book and when I sang to her she cried hysterically and wanted to get down.  So I finally put her in the crib and she's still crying.  But I know there is NOTHING I can do for her. 

My question is.....do your days go like this?  Are you as strict with nap times as you are with bedtime?  Why can't she get into a nap routine and want to nap everyday at the same time?  I am seriously lost on this.  Do i Just put her down when she needs it and not by the clock?  Or will she never get a routine if I do that?

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 17:31:26 pm »
The crying lasted 20 mins and now she's playing.  So it looks like after my awful morning, my afternoon will be just as bad because I don't see a nap in the future. 

What am I doing wrong here?  Shoudl I have put her in at 10:30 when she started her mess?

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Now a nap question....
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 22:23:55 pm »
I would have done what you did. Regardless of her night and when she gets up, I put Karina down no earlier than noon (these days - used to be earlier). She's had really bad nights with asthma coughing this week, and I've still been putting her down around 12:45 or later.
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001