Author Topic: At 4 weeks was on 3 hrs easy now down to 2  (Read 702 times)

Offline liamsmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
At 4 weeks was on 3 hrs easy now down to 2
« on: January 13, 2006, 17:52:01 pm »
Since he was born, Liam was on the 3 hours EASY. In the last 7-10 days, he's been wanting to eat all the time. I first thought it was a growth spurt since he was also really fussy. He is not fussy as much anymore. He is now pretty much on a 2 hrs EASY. What happened? Could it be that he doesn't sleep as much, he has more awake time and he associates awake with eating? Should I increase his activity time? He has been giving us cues that he is tired right after feeding... so we put him down and he usually falls asleep by himself. He used to sleep a lot more and now only sleeps for 30-45 minutes at a time. At night, he usually eats at  10-10:30pm and go until 3am and then to almost 7am.

Any tips would be appreciated...

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
At 4 weeks was on 3 hrs easy now down to 2
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 19:38:27 pm »
He woke up! No really, they are all sleepy newborns and can't help but to sleep. As they get bigger, they start demanding to eat instead of having to be encouraged, watching the world around them.

He sounds perfect, only one night waking! Eating every two hours during the day is pretty typical. You should find that he will stretch out his awake time on his own when he is developmentally ready for more interaction, and that will stretch that EASY cycle back out. Give him a few more weeks!
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies