Author Topic: 9 Month Old Lump Problems  (Read 1212 times)

Offline samanthakw

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 Month Old Lump Problems
« on: January 13, 2006, 18:31:04 pm »
Hi,

My son is just over 9 months and has never been the most willing child to try new things.

He only started purees at 5 1/2 months and has worked up to 3 meals plus a night time fromage frais over the months.

We tried him on lumpier textures/finger foods about 4 weeks ago and it was a struggle. We stopped and tried again and he seemed to get the hang of them fine.

The last couple of days though, he'll only eat toast fingers, slices of banana and purees again. As soon as we try to feed him lumpier foods with a spoon, he cries and spits them out. We've tried putting some food on his toast, but he'll take a couple of mouthfuls, then get wise to what we're doing.

Any suggestions?

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
9 Month Old Lump Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 06:45:59 am »
SA thanks for posting what you did. I'm having a similar problem with my 9 month old, but it's mostly dinner related. Maybe it's still too lumpy, even though he sometimes eats it. He'll always gobble up yoghurt of custard and I put it down to taste, maybe it's the texture. I'll try that tomorrow.

Samantha, have you had any improvements?
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

Offline Sebastian's mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 14:55:47 pm »
I am so glad someone has mentioned the throwing up on texture.  My LO managed to make himself throw up his milk (if his eating solids was close to his bottle feed) if he gagged on texture. Kind of scary.  I am still struggling (he is 9 months) to get him to eat texture and thereby savoury as fruit purees are nice and smooth.  I have resorted to bottle savouries (as they are very smooth) to get him to like less sweet spoonfuls and am smothering them in fruit puree or yoghurt first and then reducing the amounts.  I am doing the same with texture as well.  This is proving to be a long process and he can just suddenly refuse anything as if he is fed up with me trying to fool him.  Any helpful suggestions...