Author Topic: will not take last bf...help!  (Read 1177 times)

Offline babymou

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 14, 2006, 02:08:31 am »
My 6 month old lo has been on solids for almost a month now, and just this week she haas been refusing her last bf at 7:30 pm. Our day looks something like this:

7:30 am bf then 2 tbsp of cereal
11:30 am bf then 1 or 2 tbsp of veggie
3:30 pm bf
5:30 2 tbsp cereal and 2 tbsp veggie
7:30 does not want bf anymore or bottle....but last few weeks was  downing 5 to 7 ounces of expressed breast milk
10:30 pm she wakes for bf, taking both sides

I am wondering if I am feeding her too much solids for her age. She eats very willingly, opens her mouth wide for her food. Is it normal for her to drop a bf altogether. I would rather she drop the 10:30 feed. Should I feed her dinner later, say around 7 and bf her before that...I am so confused!!! Everyone that I have spoken to tells me different things. Some friends of mine are even telling me to start her on her meats.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
will not take last bf...help!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 22:15:50 pm »
i had that problem when I intoduced the 3rd solids with ds#2 a couple of weeks ago. I cut it back to just a "taste" & he was back feeding better.

At 6mo, bf is the most important food, so you may need to cut out the evening solids & bring it back in a month so he takes that last bf... I had the problem at 7months, but I only started solids at 6mo & my ds is a "heffalumpa" at almost 11kg & loves solids, so I kind of have to ration him so he takes bf.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05