Author Topic: is this allergic reaction?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Kayna

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
is this allergic reaction?
« on: January 15, 2006, 00:23:40 am »
Ugg seaflower, I so feel for you. I too have been in a very similar situation and realized you pretty much need to walk into the dr's office with a diagnosis already. :roll:

Since you're still nursing the rash could certainly be caused by something you ate but like you said it is so hard to determine what that was. Does she have any other sympotoms of a dairy allergy or is there only the rash?

As for the eczema. Might I suggest getting a tub of Cetaphil (kinda pricey but worth it) and using this on your lo. I have had to put it on my ds up to 6 times per day but I didn't have to use his perscibed steroids then. :wink: I know how much work this will be but it would be worth it for your poor baby to get some sleep (and you maybe :wink: ).

Let's pray that she does grow out of this more sooner than later. :) It's never any fun to watch your angel suffer. :(
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 08:53:56 am »
Quote from: Kayna
Does she have any other sympotoms of a dairy allergy or is there only the rash?
What are the other symptoms?

Quote from: Kayna

Might I suggest getting a tub of Cetaphil (kinda pricey but worth it) and using this on your lo.
Don't think they sell this outside USA, I was looking for some clenser few years ago and had to ask somebody to bring it for me. I did change moisturisers last few weeks, so back to the original ones, I used to have it under control.

I have another appointment for another dermatologist at the end of the month, but I know what they'll say... she will grow out of it!

thanks, Kayna!
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
allergic reactions
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 08:58:27 am »
My son "appears" to be allergice to rice cereal also.   He spit up more often after he ate rice cereal so now we use the oatmeal cereal and it seems to have gotten better.  I think the oatmeal cereal tastes better too....I tried them both... :wink:
Judy