Author Topic: DS is not taking DF anymore, what to do?  (Read 799 times)

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
DS is not taking DF anymore, what to do?
« on: January 15, 2006, 15:43:45 pm »
How much does he take during the night? Does he eat before the 4-5 am feed? I would suggest you cut out the night feeding which will allow him to take more during the day. I started giving my ds 8 oz. bottles at about 10 WO and decided he did not need to eat at night. We had about a week of him still waking at night because he was used to it, but I did not feed, found other ways to settle him and then he took more at each daytime bottle. He also began taking more at the dreamfeed. If he is getting a lot of his oz. during the night, it would make since that he doesn't want more than 3-5 oz. at every other bottle. The goal is to get the calories in during the day, so maybe think about cutting night feedings. Does he use a pacifier... that helped us at that stage... we also did wake to sleep to change his intenal clock, which seemed to be used to waking at a certain time for sleep. We were lucky, he didn't put up too much of a fight and I haven't fed him at night since.
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
DS is not taking DF anymore, what to do?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 00:05:33 am »
well, he does use a paci at sleep time (naps and bedtime), and yesterday he did take a FULL feed at DF (only 4.5 oz), he woke up hungry at 5:20am which is good, but perhaps i could offer him more in the day (if he takes it, i would be soooo happy) and what do you think if i give him water instead at nigths? or is he too little to do that?