Author Topic: Habitual feeding  (Read 685 times)

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Habitual feeding
« on: January 15, 2006, 01:41:25 am »
He sounds a lot like Max.  :oops:  I fed him in the night, and he outgrew it. Max sucked his thumb from 8 weeks, and I knew he put himself back to sleep when he could. He was a big boy and I knew he was hungry the two times he woke, even at 7-9 months.

I *knew*, like you, that PU/PD wasn't really going to happen until later, and for us it didn't happen. You could try having your dh go to soothe in the middle of the night if you're sure it's not hunger. That worked wonders for us when we had a bunch of funny wakings at 15 months old.

Isn't it funny how early they know what they want? It is sweet to see such a strong-willed personality coming forward, sorry you have to see it at 3am!
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline milliesmaw

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Habitual feeding
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 22:06:58 pm »
Thanks Stacy - good to know that they do outgrow it!! Yes, Ben does sound like Max. It's funny having a big boy after a petite girl KWIM?? I guess I'm not sure if it's hunger or not but the fact that it is so regular makes me wonder. And he's not easily soothed so if I want to break the habit twill be a bit noisy :cry: Which is why I wondered if anyone had any joy with the allegedly painless methods!!

Thanks

J
x
Jo

Mum to Millie
4th November 2003
and Benjamin
31 July 2005