Author Topic: can someone help me figure this out?  (Read 903 times)

Offline cassidy&Jamie'smom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
can someone help me figure this out?
« on: January 14, 2006, 23:07:37 pm »
My dd is 7 wks.  She was on good start and was diagnosd with reflux after alot of crying on the bottle and big spitting at 4 wks.  We are now on zantac.

Tgings got a little better and then she got really fussy, cranky, gassy (i thot it was colic) and i brought her to the ped.  Becuz she had bad eczema on the face, couple with the other symptoms he suggested she be intolerant to cow's milk protein.

So we switched to soy and he gave her some cream for the exzema.  A week into the soy she became very cranky, constipated too and she vomited once.  Brought her back in and the ped said she may be intolerant to soy as well.

I felt, personally, that he jumped the gun on the first diagnosis and felt i wanted her to try the good start again.  He said if the exzema comes back we can rule out once and fr all cow's milk.  Well 3 days back on good start the exzema is still gone but she vomited today?!

I am jus so confused, and so lery about going to the hypo formulas as i am afraid she won't take it.

I keep second guessing myself.  Maybe the soy was fine and she was just constipated?  Maybe the good start is fine and the vomit just a one shot deal?

Her sleeping is also not great becuz of her tummy.  I am sooo confused and don\t know where to go next... any insights ladies?

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
can someone help me figure this out?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 23:26:18 pm »
'Flux babies are going to urp even with meds.  It just hurts less.   http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/milk-soy-protein-intolerance-mspi-vt25218.html  Check this out and see what you think.  Maybe the Zantac either does not work for her, or she needs a dose increase.  I'm assuming the doc knows the difference  between eczema  and baby acne.  If her face has cleared,  and all she did is urp the one time, Maybe the good start is ok.  Keep watching.  Any other symptoms?
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.