Author Topic: Thrush again/still at 6 months??  (Read 658 times)

Offline gwc1023

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Thrush again/still at 6 months??
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:21:29 am »
DH was looking in  Abby's mouth the other day and noticed that on the inside of her cheeks it still kind of looks like she has thrush.  She had it when she was a few weeks old, and it seemed to go away, she was prescribed Nystatin which didn't seem to do much, and then I used Acidophilus from the health food store.  I never had any symptoms at all.

Is it possible she has thrush again/still at six months?  It's not on her tongue at all, and not covering the *whole* inside of her cheek, but there are little sort of spidery web looking white parts (not solid patches) - it's not milk as this was a long time after she'd eaten and I've looked a few times in the last couple days and it's always there.   And does thrush bother babies?  She is pretty fussy, but she's always been like that, lol, so maybe I'm grasping at straws!
Dawn mommy to Gavin (5/2/02), Abby (7/8/05), and Rachel (5/28/07)

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 05:27:59 am »
Hi Dawn,
If you rub or gently scratch at the white, what does it look like?  If it is red underneath, it could be thrush.  Maybe this is a remnant outbreak from the first bout she had?  Our first ped told us that thrush isn't painful, but after researching and talking to other doctors, it seems it can be very uncomfortable for them.  Nystatin didn't do much to help Nathan.  The only thing that really got rid of it for him was Diflucan (which was so easy to give as well). 

Sorry if I wasn't much help.   :?   Hope you get some answers!
Sheila
ng

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 19:36:54 pm »
It kinda sounds like it. Did you catch the thread at the top of the forum about thrush?
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies