Author Topic: Night wakings out of control!  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« on: January 15, 2006, 13:59:28 pm »
Hi,

Last night was the worst night we've had in a long time. My 11 month old dd woke up about every hour (or less) starting at about midnight.  :cry: For the last week or so, she's been waking several times a night usually in the early morning hours (starting around 2am or 3am). I just can't take it anymore  :cry: .

Somebody help!!!
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline Mom to Zach

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Night wakings out of control!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 19:17:07 pm »
Hi Melanie,

I feel your pain!  Our almost 9 month old has been doing the same and it is making me crazy!!!  I have also posted (8.5 month old wakes every hour?!!!).  Last night was a little better.  Woke every hour after 8:00pm bedtime  :roll:  up until 1:00am.  Then slept from 1:00-5:00.  Woke up at 5:00, then 6:00 and every 10 mins until 6:45am.  I was ready to just get him up and start the day and he was fast asleep.  Slept until 8:40 this morning!!!  :D  I needed the sleep-in badly!!!

The one thing I have changed is when I go into his room.... I think we were rushing in too fast (during his mantra cry) because we wanted to get him back to sleep quickly before he was too wide awake (had this happen a number of nights and were scared of the two hours of awake time!!!).  So, after reading 'BW Solves All Your Problems' for the 100th time, we waited until it was a 'real' cry.  I think he was getting used to us just rushing in his room.  Last night was a little better than our recent nights so here's hoping!!!   :shock:

You may already be doing this, if so.... hopefully someone else will post some other ideas for you (I will keep my eyes posted here!!!)

Good luck (I've been drinking a lot more coffee to help me through the days!!!!)   :?

Shelley
Shelley
Proud Mom of Zach
April 25, 2005
a Textbook Baby (we think!)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 20:08:43 pm »
Hi Shelley,

Thanks for replying. We are pretty sure her molars are coming in, which I think is causing the sleep problems. Besides sleeping poorly at night, she's not napping very well either. Today she's been crying and clingy and won't drink very much from her bottle. We've been giving her Tylenol or Motrin for the pain, but it doesn't seem to help that much. I wish there was something stronger we could give her - maybe something that would knock her out  :wink: so that all of us could get some sleep!

As for going in too soon, she goes from zero to hysterical in a matter of seconds, so I don't know what else to do. Usually I just try to comfort her in her crib by putting my hand on her back, and sometimes I sing. It seems to work at night, but not during naptime when she wakes up early. She just gets more agitated when I try PU/PD (really just PD).

Thanks...
Melanie

Offline Mom to Zach

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Night wakings out of control!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 04:30:56 am »
Hi Melanie,

Good gosh.... sounds like she is teething.  One of my close friends has a 14 month old and she said that when he got his molars, his nights were horrible - screaming all through the night (previous teeth were a non-event).  As soon as his molars came through, his sleep went right back to normal.  While that doesn't help you much now :cry:  at least know that it will likely get better (hopefully soon  :?  ).

I have heard of people using children's gravol to help with sleep.  I haven't (yet!!!!) so can't speak for any results - but maybe chat with your doctor about other options?!!!  Makes everyone in our house crazy when our lo doesn't sleep!!!!  :shock:

Good Luck - let me know if you find any secrets that work!  Zach will be working on his molars in the next few months so I am open for any suggestions!!!!

Shelley
Shelley
Proud Mom of Zach
April 25, 2005
a Textbook Baby (we think!)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 17:24:05 pm »
Shelley,

Thanks for the tips. I'm not sure what children's gravol is, but I'll look into it. And I'll let you know if we find any other things that help.

Thanks  :)
Melanie