Author Topic: Confused??  (Read 630 times)

Offline Mrsv4

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 15, 2006, 15:29:55 pm »
We are battling nap and bedtime with DD who is 8 weeks old.  We've been using patt/schh with her now for a few days and it still takes us usually right into her feed time.  Then the whole process starts all over.  However, when DD wakes up around 6am for her morning feed, we put her back in bed awake (usually about 30-40min from the time she woke up) and she talks a bit then puts herself to sleep in 10-15min.  I'm so confused..why can she put herself to sleep then and not at other times??  During the day we usually put her down for her nap at aobut an hour since she woke up (or less if she didn't sleep during her last nap time).  Do you think we're missing the window and she can only stay awake for 30-40min at a time (that time includes eating and activity)...that seems so short.  In Tracy's book, the sample routine for a 4week old is that they stay awake 1hour 15min (eating and activity time)??

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Confused??
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 16:13:09 pm »
Try putting her down earlier and see if that helps.  When mine was that age, she was awake long enough to be changed and fed.  Then the yawning started again.  It could simply be that yours needs more sleep still. Let us know how that goes.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.