Author Topic: slept through the night!!!  (Read 1400 times)

Offline aimeemarie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 15, 2006, 17:23:52 pm »
7 week old dd has slept through the night the last two nights! I am so excited! Friday night it was 9:45-5:45, last night it was 9:00-6:15 when I woke her up so that we can start our schedule at 6 am!

Just 6 days ago she was up every 3 hrs, then for 3 nights she gave me a 6 hr stretch, then she went through twice!

Do you think this will continue? Do babies usually continue (I'm sure there are once in a while night wakings when things like teething, growth spurts and sickness come in) but in general should she usually sleep through now?

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
slept through the night!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 18:15:23 pm »
oh yay!!!! I'm glade to hear your LO has started sleeping though the night. Thats great news. You should be set for full nights now :)
Give it a week and you'll know for sure :)
Kimberly

Offline Harvey and Theos Mam

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • From S.Wales
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 21:01:43 pm »
Wd, hope it continues for you.  :P
Rhian

Offline aimeemarie

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 13:45:19 pm »
No DF Stacy.

Ok, we had an 8 hr night, a 9 hour night, a 7 hour night and we were back to 6 hrs last night! So it didn't last. I didn't do anything different. Oh well! Mommy doesn't mind. (I'm finding that I only want the bragging rights, and don't mind getting up once for 1/2 hour.)

Offline AZMOM

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 15:45:15 pm »
Congratulations!!  Things still sound really good and you are getting some nice rest yourself.  I'm just curious because my ds will be 7 weeks tomorrow and we have been tweaking his routine a bit and his bedtime is between 8 and 9.  We do the cluster feed but I don't do the dream feed.  DO you do the df?  Also does you lo sleep between cluster feeding?  My ds gets a cat nap between the cluster feed.  I am hoping my lo will be making longer stretches too since I will be going back to work soon and then dh will be staying home with him for another 8 weeks.  Enough of my babbling!!!!!!!  Congrats again

AZMOM (Lisa)
Lisa, mom to
Hayley 06-04-02
Garret 11-30-05

Offline Duckie

• Showing Appreciation 183
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 15:55:41 pm »
I remember being excited when Andrew went to bed around 9:30 and got up at 5 to eat and went back to sleep until 9 (he was around 8 weeks) and I remember thinking how great it was that he was no longer getting up in the middle of the night.

And then I thought how bizarre it was that 5am was no longer considered "night".
Mother Duck to A (June/01), J (April/06), my sleeping S (2/Dec/03) and my nameless angels (1/July/04; 2/Nov/04; 13/July/05)

Offline aimeemarie

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 18:18:37 pm »
We don't do a DF and I don't really cluster feed at all. She eats at either 6 or 7, depending on how the day started, I'm going more towards 6 now because I go back to school soon and we need to be up at 6 am...and then she snoozes in her swing for a bit between 7:30 and 8:30, gets a bath and then eats again and is usually down by 9. I'm sure a DF would guarantee her sleeping through, but I go to bed shortly after she does so there isn't really an opportunity.