Author Topic: Thanks for all the "pre-support"!  (Read 884 times)

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
Thanks for all the "pre-support"!
« on: January 15, 2006, 23:30:59 pm »
Just wanted to give a breastfeeding update since you all were so supportive of all my pre-breastfeeding questions and anxiety.  Things are going GREAT!  Especially compared to the first time around.  "Baby Josh" has been sucking / latching well since day 1 and that wasn't quite the case with dd.  He just seems to know what he wants and how to get it.  I think he might even be an efficient feeder as he often will only feed for 8-10 minutes and sometimes only on 1 side.  Maybe he'll go longer as he starts to wake up a bit more.  He's even doing 3 hr increments throughout the day and most of the night.  We think he's got a 3 am day/night confusion, but we're working on that...   :wink:   Tips on keeping a baby awake during the day to reset the clock?  We've been doing light and sound (he's in his bouncy during the day in the room with us instead of his bed), but he's a sleepy one still.  Should enjoy the sleep while I can even if it's during the day when dd is awake so I can't nap.   :?   Thanks for all your support and I'm sure I'll be asking for more.

Offline Jennifer2e

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 00:44:47 am »
So glad to hear things are going well!!!  Grayson was VERY sleepy in the beginning.  I don't really think there is much I could do to get him to figure out days and nights until it just clicks.  We seemed to go through day/night confusion on and off for a few weeks.  I think it is just harder for some to figure out.
Jennifer

Aidan-2/2/02
Ella-1/29/05
Grayson-10/10/05

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 01:03:22 am »
Great to hear that it's going so well!  As for the sleep - it'll come!  :D
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline Sylvia.

• Showing Appreciation 232
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 01:06:02 am »
that's great, enjoy

Offline Lilah'sMommy

• Showing Appreciation 254
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 21:57:11 pm »
I'm so glad to hear things are going well!  As for the sleeping, enjoy the time when he sleeps now and use some of that day time sleep to give dd some one-on-one time.  And, if you're lucky and they nap at the same time ever, get yourself into bed for a nap.  Good work!
Sabrina
wife to Roy, 6-29-01
mom to Lilah, 9-5-04
Iris, 1-8-07
and Eve, 4-9-09