Author Topic: 10 MTH OLD STARTED WAKING  (Read 1049 times)

Offline melaniemt

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Surrey, England but from South Africa
10 MTH OLD STARTED WAKING
« on: January 16, 2006, 11:43:33 am »
I am a "newbie" in need of some help/advice please.  My DD is 10 mths today.  Since she was 8 wks, she has been in her own room & in her cot.  She had been going down on her own since she was about 12 wks, at approximately 7 pm every evening, waking only for feeds.  So, we've been lucky and had relatively good sleep as she started sleeping through at 6 mths.  She has her last bottle at 7 pm and then is up btw 6:30 - 7 am for her morning bottle.
She started crawling at the beginning of December and teething at the same time but ever since, her sleep pattern has completly gone out of the window & my attempts to do PU/PD dont seem to be working.  She wakes now approximately 2 hrs after going down and then every 2 hrs thereafter.  Sometimes she will go back down if we pop her dummy in & other times this does not help & she either stands & cries in her cot or her giggles at me whilst Im trying to do  PU/PD.  We've been up from 1 - 4 am & from 4 - 5:15 am on odd nights :?
I dont know what to do or what the answer is - is it her teething?  is she too dependant on the dummy or she just going through a phase?  I've also battled to get her back into her daytime naps when I used to be able to put her down with her dummy & she would go off on her own!!  Those days seem to have just disappeared.  Any advice welcome!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 22:07:49 pm »
My thought is it is the combination of teething & developmental stages... I know my ds#1 who is a dummy boy, went through stages where I had to really assist him to sleep, even though he could do it independently... sometimes teething & developmental things just are TOO much for them & they need our help.

Be consistent with how you approach it, doing what works for you & gradually remove your intervention as things settle down... that is what I am doing at the moment with ds#2 who is learning to crawl, getting 4 teeth all at once & we have been away... all too much for a 7.5mo to handle on his own.

HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 08:25:38 am »
yup, this started with us a couple weeks ago.  lo (9.5mo) did get a lot of teeth at that time, but i think it was more the separation anxiety.  on most nights i had to stay with him until he fell asleep, and then again when he woke up in the night.  sometimes he would want to feed, too, so his daytime eating got all mixed up.

it has gradually been getting better.  now we are at the point where he goes down by himself most of the time again and only needs me once in a while to fall asleep.  some nights he sleeps through, but most nights he wakes at least once.

so many people told be it's something that you have to ride out.

Offline melaniemt

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Surrey, England but from South Africa
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 17:03:37 pm »
It took me a while to find where my post had gone too!!  Thanks very much for your replies.  I guess I just have to ride it out and hope that she gets over this phase really soon.  It is very comforting though to know that you are not alone - even though you feel you are - in the middle of the night when others are sleeping.  Here's hoping for a better sleep tonight!!