Author Topic: Dream feed question  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Jennifer434

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 16, 2006, 14:54:40 pm »
Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting on this board and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.  My DD is 2 months old. Lately I've been having problems getting her to take more than 2oz at 11pm. She eats 5 - 6oz every 3.5hours (06.30, 09.00, 12.30, 16.00, 19.30) I was wondering what I could do to get her to take a bit more at her dream feed. I can't reduce the amount she eats during the day as she is draining the bottles as it is.
TIA
Jenni

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Dream feed question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 15:16:01 pm »
Hi Jenni

Can you give us some more info about how she is at the dreamfeed - is she still completley asleep, is she refusing to suck?

love
Marie

Offline Jennifer434

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 20:43:15 pm »
Hi
I've tried both giving her it straight away without waking her and rousing her completely.  It's not that she's too tired she just doesn't seem to be hungry.  I'm not sure if this is really a problem or not because she will sleep till around 05.30 most nights from about midnight, I was just worried about her only having 5 feeds instead of the normal 6 at such a young age.  Any advice is welcome!!
Jenni

Offline babysazp

• Showing Appreciation 0
Dream feed question
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 20:43:36 pm »
Hi Jenni

I am just wondering why you want to feed your lo more at the evening feed?  Especially as she is then sleeping through to the morning? My ds is 17 weeks and has 5 bottles of 5-7oz a day including this evening feed.  As he is sleeping through I am now thinking of how to drop this feed.
Sarah x

Offline Jennifer434

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 20:55:15 pm »
I don't really know to be honest.  I give her a feed at 07.30/20.00 and then wake her at 23.30 for a couple of ounces.  I thought about dropping it but I'm pretty sure she would wake at 1am or 2am and then 5 am. Do you think I should just be happy with the way things are just now? TIA
Jenni

Offline babysazp

• Showing Appreciation 0
Dream feed question
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 21:02:40 pm »
HI

Yes I only wake him at 10pm because I can feed him then go to sleep, if I didn't I suspect also he would wake at 12-1am which breaks my nights sleep.

So as long as she is getting enough milk (as long as she is putting weight on) and it sounds to me like she is eating enough for her age - then I would be happy and leave it at that.

I might try to move the feed back by 10/15mins per week to a time that is easier for you - i have done that and he still sleeps till the same time each morning.
Sarah x

Offline Jennifer434

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 21:14:02 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  Moving the feed to around 22.30 would be great and it shouldn't change her waking time too much.  Thanks again!!
Jenni

Offline babysazp

• Showing Appreciation 0
Dream feed question
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 21:18:53 pm »
Jenni

Just reading your post again and noticed that you feed your dd at 7.30/8pm so moving the late one back may not work for you as she may want it even less than she does now.  Maybe you need to reduce and hopefully drop the feed altogether, my ds has only 5 bottles and he is still putting weight on normally.  Sorry to change the story!!
Sarah x

Offline Jennifer434

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 13:00:39 pm »
I think I will try dropping it soon, although last night I managed to get her to take 3oz which isn't too bad and she slept till 07.00am from midnight, maybe I should just be thankful! LOL
Thanks again
Jenni