Author Topic: 15 weeks  (Read 712 times)

Offline cymonguk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 16, 2006, 15:07:41 pm »
Well for those who remember my posts that started 9 weeks ago we are now touching 15 weeks old with Phoebe!

Originally our problems were that she was always only feeding to sleep, she was sleeping in our bed, and her daytime sleeping was awful!

Im glad to say we have sorted two of the problems and we are gradually making in roads to the last.

Phoebe will still sometimes feed to sleep, either when she is extraordinarily overtired or if she wakes up at night, the rest of the time she sleeps without feeding.

She now sleeps in her own bed, although I have to say she is only just getting the hang of going off on her own with us there, however we usually put her down just after she nods off, this usually results in her opening her eyes briefly and then going back off. She normally sleeps a minimum of 4 hours sometimes as much as 8! Gradually we are trying to encourage her to get herself off to sleep, which is easier if we get her cues right.

The last problems is that her daytime sleeping is irregular, however this has as much to do with my wife not liking to wake her once she is asleep, Phoebe however does tend to sleep pretty regular times in that she normally nods back off at 9:00 after waking up at 7:30, sleeps for 2-2.5 hours, then she wakes up and is sleepy again by 1pm and sleeps for three hours, she then tends to be awake till about 6pm, at which point she usually sleeps another 3-5 hours, wakes up feeds and sleeps till 3, then back up at 7:30am.

For all those people who are at the early stages with their baby it does get better!

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
15 weeks
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 16:18:06 pm »
Yay!!  Great isn't it?
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.