Author Topic: I'm having a problem with naps....  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
I'm having a problem with naps....
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 21:54:21 pm »
On the Molar part Aiden had 2 bottom & 4 top teeth, then got his 4 molars & then the other 2 bottom teeth... the molars come before the eye teeth, so I can also believe that the molars can come after 6 teeth, as the did for us  :lol:
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Lan

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 23:49:27 pm »
I'm wondering if your daughter has a sleep association problem with her cot/bed? I know that when I did some training for my own insomnia, you are supposed to keep your bed for sleep and not for play, work, reading or watching TV. Does she have a lot of toys in her cot? If she does I would take most of them out and leave only a couple of soft toys. Also some of the suggestions on the sticky at the top of this forum (the one about 23 months who needed a cosy cot and wind down time) might work too.

She might need help with processing her day because she talks to herself a lot before sleeping. Before bed might be a good time to talk with her about what you did during the day in a sort of conversation, even if you don't understand what she saying. I do this a lot with my son., I think it helps.

I'd also get your husband to sleep in her room for a couple of nights, and when she wakes up to say to her in a firm voice ' Time to sleep' so that she knows that her cot and night time are for sleeping.  No responding to games, or conversation. Try for 2-3 nights and see if it helps.

Also during the day if she's playing in her cot for more than 20-30 minutes and not sleeping take her out, read her some books, wind her down and try putting her doiwn again in 30-60 minutes when she's calmer and more relaxed. Again, so that she knows that when she's in her cot it's time to sleep.

Don't know if this will help, but everything else doesn't seem to be working for you.

Lan

Offline lulah'smum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 09:14:39 am »
Lulah will be 16 months on the 1st Feb. Isn't it strange that this age group are all deciding to fight naps right now!!?? My cousin in England said her toddler is sleeping badly too!

Keren, the new nap time went well today. I put her down at 1pm (nearly 7 hours after wake up time) and she slept for 2 hours without a moan! I hope it works as well tomorrow. I'm going away tomorrow night for 2 nights so DH will have her ON HIS OWN for the WHOLE WEEKEND  :lol:  I hope the she sticks to the new nap time schedule OK whilst I'm gone! On the other hand, if she behaves like a brat at least he'll get to see what I have to live with every day!!!!  8)

Can I ask - when you put back Josh's nap time - did it affect his bedtime too? I put Lulah down at her normal 7pm bedtime and she started calling out & crying at 7.20  :roll: This happened 3 times, the last time at 7.50. I just stroked her head for a while and then left the room again. Maybe as she's having a later nap now I should make her bedtime 1/2 hour later?? What do you think?

Nicole I agree about chatting more with you guys, shall we start a thread?

PS. Lan if I asked my DH to sleep in Lulah's room for a few nights he'd tell me to sleep in the doghouse!!

Lan

Re: I'm having a problem with naps....
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 01:21:06 am »
Oh sorry Lulah's Mum I was replying to Carmela's Mom! I hadn't actually read all the replies.