Author Topic: Changes in the look of breast milk  (Read 872 times)

Offline Tizzy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Changes in the look of breast milk
« on: January 16, 2006, 18:31:26 pm »
Girls,

I am new to this board. I have a 10 week old who I am breast feeding quite successfully so far. And he is gaining weight well. He was weighed last week and was 12lb 14ozs.

My query is that I expressed a bottle today and it appears to be different to the one I expressed yesterday. The one I did yesterday appears creamier and the one today is more waterery (sorry about spelling) and I am worried that something I ate may have turned it this way.

Can anyone help me?

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 19:25:41 pm »
Your milk will change from day to day, hour to hour. The things you eat can change the color, for example the dye in vitamins can make it yellow or even green. It may be more watery in the morning, or when you are better hydrated and there is more volume.

Try not to stress! Thank goodness our milk is always changing to meet the needs of our babies unlike the "one size fits all" alternative.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

mommytsa

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 19:44:01 pm »
Your milk is fine.  I express because I work, and the color and consistency (creamy vs watery) can change from the beginning of a pumping session to the end, as well as between breasts.  It's totally normal and nothing to worry about.   If you have specifc questions or want more details feel free to pm me.