Author Topic: Weird question  (Read 855 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Weird question
« on: January 16, 2006, 18:45:18 pm »
The first time DD slept thru the night was over XMAs, when we had a billion family members here, and Rachel ended up going to sleep between 8 and 9pm, instead of between 7pm and 8pm.  But she didn't wake until morning, which is very unusual, since she's been waking up for the paci 2-3 times a night at least.

So then, this past weekend, my Mother and other family came to visit.  Again, she was totally off on napping, but for the past 2 nights, she's slept completely thru.  Last night, she went to bed at 8:45pm, and slept thru until 7:30am. 

Here's our routine prior to this weekend:

7:30am Wake
8am Bottle
9:15am Breakfast
10am sleep
12pm Wake
12:30pm Bottle
1:30pm Lunch
3pm Sleep
4pm Wake
5:00pm Dinner
6:30pm Bath, Bottle
7:30pm - 8pm Bed

But this weekend, ended up that she would nap later in the morning, around 11am and wake around 1pm.  Then take a later afternoon nap, and bedtime between 8pm and 9pm.  But she's slept thru the night!  So am I a bad mom for thinking that maybe I should be keeping her up a bit later in the evening, in order for her to sleep good at night?  I'm a firm believer in the early bedtime thing, but could she just be one that needs a bit later bedtime in order to sleep better?

Offline ktmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Weird question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 18:54:13 pm »
You might find that 3 hours daytime sleep is too much for your lo Mine cut down to about two hours in the am at that age??
Karen

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Weird question
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 19:17:13 pm »
Try the later bedtime and see what happens.  That might be what she is trying to tell you.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.