Author Topic: Snacks for an 11 month old  (Read 1608 times)

Offline kiersten's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Snacks for an 11 month old
« on: January 16, 2006, 19:27:11 pm »
Can anyone recommend some snacks for an 11 month old, I have given her cheerios, bagels/bread, cheese fruit cups, cheese, bananas, rice cakes, farley cookies.

She is ok with all veg and fruit but has not started meats yet, she has also had milk and is ok with it. I am just running out of ideas any suggestions would help.

Thanks

Daniel's mummy

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 19:35:55 pm »
Just a couple of things to add that ds eats as snacks:
grapes (cut in half), sultanas, tangerine segments (cut in half), pear, crackers.

I too am finding it a struggle to stay creative with what I offer.  I look forward to hearing lots of other ideas here.

Offline kiersten's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 18:55:41 pm »
Thanks I will try those.  I hope others will post so we could get more ideas too.

Offline af

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 23:42:06 pm »
My 11 month old loves frozen or cooked  :)  peas.  Also loves shredded cheese, especially the mild cheddar.  I've been boiling veggies like broc and carrots at night and putting them in little baggies in the fridge to give her for a quick snack.  Any fruit cut up-lately her favorite is kiwi.
Best suggestion I got from some women at gymboree is called Veggie Booty. It's in the chips section at the Grocery and is all natural.  Looks like cheetos but just all air-made of spinach, kale, etc.  Easy to take w/us wherever we go and not messy at all!