Author Topic: intro and transition question  (Read 876 times)

Offline cheinzel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 16, 2006, 21:49:11 pm »
Hi all.  I've been a lurker around here for a few months.  This website has been so helpful to me in trying to figure out my ds. 

DS is 9 months (4/4/05).  He just cut his top two teeth and made a major sleep transition.  Because it occurred with the teething, I thought it would be temporary, but I can see that it is not. 

He had a nice routine that went like this:
7:00-wake bottle
8:30-breakfast
9:30-nap
11:00-bottle
12:30-lunch
1:30-nap
3:00-bottle
5:30-dinner
6:45-bottle
7:00-sleep

Now, he has pushed his morning nap back to about 10:00 and his afternoon nap to about 2:30/3:00.  From what I read else where on this site, I think it's normal for his age.  He is a textbook baby, afterall.

So, my question is this, should I transition to 3 bottles instead of 4 at this time too since he is sleeping during a normal bottle time and not finishing all of his 4 offered bottles?  If so, I was thinking of this:

7:00-breakfast (he's done this before with no problem)
9:30-bottle
10:00-nap
11:30-lunch
2:00/2:30-bottle
4:00 (whenever he wakes)-snack
5:30-dinner
6:45-bottle

Sorry this is so long.  I really wanted to know what you other moms of March/April babies thought.  If it's a good routine, what should I give for a snack?  I haven't given juice yet, should I give that at snack time or continue holding off on the juice?  I guess my only concern with the new proposed routine is that he would get used to having a bottle before sleeping all of the time.  Maybe he's old enough that I shouldn't worry?

TIA

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
intro and transition question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 22:25:40 pm »
I think your plan sounds great.  Dropping a bottle due to a later nap is exactly what happened with my dd.  One day she went down later and slept through a bottle time and it stuck.  Of course, you may have a few days that don't always go according to plan, and that's okay.  I don't think you should worry about him having a bottle before a sleep as long as he's not taking it to fall asleep.  As for juice, if give it watered-down.  I make a cup of 4 oz water and 2 oz juice and she sips on it after playing and when she wakes from a nap, and during lunch and dinner.  As for a snack, you could give crackers, Gerber veggie/fruit puffs, fruit pieces, some toast, cheese, yogurt.  The possibilities are only as limited as your child's preferences.  You ought to join in on the March/April moms chat group in the EASY forum.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007