Author Topic: What is your 7 month olds eating?  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Livingmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
What is your 7 month olds eating?
« on: January 17, 2006, 03:28:09 am »
I don't even want to preface this with a background story--let's just say that my DH and butt heads :lol:  :roll:  when it comes to feeding lo.

Can you give me a list of the foods that your lo's are eating (or ate) when they were 7 month old?

Thanks!
Judy
Mom to Zoey (DOB 5/31/05) and Zander (DOB 7/24/07)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 05:08:20 am »
My ds is a week older.

He is eating
 Grains - Rice cereal, Rice - white & brown, Corn crackers, corn & rice pasta (not wheat based pasta) . Just tried on a wheat based rusk yesterday... will introduce wheat soon

Vegetables - about 10 types, introducing as much as I can as I sort of stopped with ds#1 & he is pretty fussy now
Fruit - 5 or 6 varietys so far

I will be introducing Meat from 8 months & Dairy from 10months - BUT that is due to my ds#1 having intolerences to Dairy, so holding off... can be introduced much earlier.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 20:33:50 pm »
My dd is just a couple weeks older & she's had rice cereal, oatmeal, & 'stage 1' Gerber fruits & veggies (peas, green beans, squash, carrots, sweet potato, applesauce, pears, prunes, bananas, peaches).  Just this past week I started giving her some Gerber puffs for a snack/practice with finger foods.  That's it so far!

BTW, I'm also in MN - can you believe how nice the weather has been?  I can't believe it's this warm in January!  :)
Heather
Mom to Elise (2005), Jack (2008), Isaac (2012)

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 21:36:42 pm »
I have been doing recipes from Annabel Karmel and so far Jude has tried......carrotts, peach, melon,bananas, mango,plums,avocado,apples, pears, papaya,sweet potato, broccoli, butternut squash, parsnip and turnip, courgette, sweet peppers, cauliflower, leeks, green beans, onions, celeriac.  The last few weeks i have given him ready brek and weetabix, also raisins.Also white fish. I have today given him wholewheat pasta with tuna and veg and for dinner he had a boiled egg mashed up with grated cheese and half a slice of bread!

I am going to try chicken tommorow. 

I really recommend Annabel Karmels book but to be honest i think babies can eat alomost anything as long as you dont give them the foods that we are all told not to give them like shellfish and undercooked eggs , no added salt etc.

Kelly xx
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/judeethan  PASSWORD JUDE

url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline Livingmom

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 03:14:13 am »
Thanks for the replies. It seems like I am on the right track. My DH and I really don't "fight" about it--but he is WAY more cautious than I am. Neither one of us has allergies and she has taken well to everything introduced. She is eating all of Gerber's Stage 1 foods and recently Stage 2 foods like Chicken with gravy.  She also does really well with cheerios and those gerber banana puffs. I probably should just follow my husband's lead--I would hate to introduce something too soon or haphazardly and have lo get sick.

Thanks again for the reassurance.  :D
Judy

Offline meggersmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 08:24:54 am »
Hi, my DD is three days older than Zoey, and we are doing rice cereal and oatmeal, as well as stages 1 and 2 fruits and veggies. (The ones we can get her to eat.) And we will start the stage 2 chicken next week. My question is this: You all seem to be feeding your babies cheerios and pasta already. If my dd doesn't have teeth yet, is it safe to give her these foods? We have the puffs already. and Megan shows intense interest in whatever DH and I eat. Can we give her the finger foods now? I can't ever find anything that tells when it's ok to start them.

Thank you!
Amy
Megan Elizabeth, Born  5-28-05
Spirited Angel Baby with Reflux

Offline dinah34134

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 21:16:06 pm »
andrew is just seven months old and has had (in no particular order):

rice cereal
oat cereal
barley cereal
sweet potatoes
acorn squash
butternut squash
buttercup squash
avocado
prunes
bananas
applesauce
pears
brocoli
carrots
peas
baby mum mums
yellow beans (didn't really like)

i mix up the food into weird combinations like prunes and carrots, peas and applesauce, pears and brocoli. i read that doing this helps them develop broader food tastes.

i've just bought an eggplant and i'm going to figure out how to cook it.

Offline Livingmom

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 00:48:54 am »
Quote from: meggersmommy
If my dd doesn't have teeth yet, is it safe to give her these foods? We have the puffs already. and Megan shows intense interest in whatever DH and I eat. Can we give her the finger foods now? I can't ever find anything that tells when it's ok to start them.

Thank you!
Amy

Amy, I haven't really seen a definite answer written anywhere either about when to start the finger foods--and maybe that is what gets me about feeding my lo--I feel like she should be eating more than she already is--which, thanks, to your replies I feel better about what she does eat and won't rush anything.  :D
My lo has 6 teeth (and I am pretty sure she has another one or two coming in based on the amount of drool lately  :shock: ) so I was pretty comfortable trying cheerios and the puffs- but that is all she eats. I did try a little piece of a wheat bagel (because I read about in a book) but I think there were too many crumbs.

I guess I am just wondering about the transition to more solid foods (like what we eat) will be like. Will I just intuitively know when she is ready for more?
Judy

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 02:22:16 am »
Teeth don't actually have any effect on eating until they get their molars 12months+, & some babies (like me) don't have teeth until after 12mo & can gum & suck very effectively.

The food you give shouldn't be based on teeth or not... a baby with 6 teeth will chew the same way as a baby with none

Re finger food if they are reaching for the spoon offer it & what I do for more solid food (I make my own as ds#1 NEVER like bought stuff, I'm not bothering this time) it try it thicker & thicker... I now just mash most foods & things like rice, I just give as whole grains, no mashing. Just offer it a bit less runny & see what happens is my motto :lol:
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Kaitlynsmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 10:18:55 am »
My DS is 7 months and he's into a good routine:

Breakfast: baby meusli or weetbix mixed with formula

Lunch: veggies - mashed

Tea: fruit - mashed

He likes rusks and little pots of petit miam for babies - smooth and tasty!

He will get fish, then chicken then red meat from 8 months; most dairy from 9 months, eggs in stages from 10 months.

Worked well for DD, going well for DS.
Kaitlyn - 25.4.04
Will - 7.6.05