Author Topic: My baby won't stay asleep  (Read 1907 times)

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 17, 2006, 15:00:41 pm »
Hello  I need some help.  My lo is 15 weeks old and I can't get her to stay asleep for her naps and just recently she has been waking up at night.  I try and put her down by 7:30pm. 

Last night I had to keep going in there and use the pat sshh for 2 hours.  then she woke up at 1:00am and my husband fed her.  She was back up at 3:00am and I pat shhh her and then up at 6:30am and I feed her.

About 6 days ago I had to take her to the doctor and he said she has a cold and fluid in her ears.  Another thing I have notice is she doesn't seem to eat as much during the day.  I try and give her as much as I can she just doesn't seem to want it.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get my lo to sleep through the night again.  She use to give us 6-8 hours up until about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Offline Glynis

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
My baby won't stay asleep
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 16:35:40 pm »
Is she still sick?  If so, I wouldn't push it.  One of the ways baby's sooth themselves with a cold, esp if their ears are bothering them is to suck, or that's likely what it is.  Just like us, they wake often when they're all full of fluid. Once she's better, then you can go back to the normal routine & I'm sure she'll take to it then as well.
Mom to Samuel born Aug 17, 2005
& big brother Brett July 11, 1993

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 17:03:39 pm »
Just a question last night we took her out of her car seat to sleep.  The doctor told us to put her in the carseat while she was sick.  I thought she was better but maybe she is not.  Should I put her back in her carseat tonight?

Offline Glynis

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 18:38:41 pm »
Did she sleep better in the carseat?  He likely recommended that since her head would be elevated then & the fluids would drain.  If she is still sick, I would do that.  In my opinion, when a baby is sick, whatever makes them feel better!  :wink:

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 19:09:23 pm »
Just one more question.  How did you get your guys tosleep?  Did you have a problem?  i was just trying to get her down for a nap and she just started crying.  Did you have to do the pu/pd method if so do you have any words of wisdom?  I really want to have her be a good sleeper because we made the mistakewith her borther and put him in bed with us.  so if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Glynis

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 20:23:44 pm »
I started pu/pd with Samuel at 3 1/2 months because we had created a habit of walking around with him to get him to sleep, or nursing to sleep.  As well, he hadn't been napping in his crib.  It works, the key is sticking with it.  (& wait until the babe's healthy)