Author Topic: Is she full?  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Aiden and Marlo's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Is she full?
« on: January 17, 2006, 15:47:14 pm »
Or is she just more curious about what's going on?  While I'm feeding lil miss, she's constantly turning her head around, but still latched onto the bottle.  I know that when they're done they usually turn their heads away, but it seems like she's just wanting to look around while she's eating.  :?   I'm confused.  She's been hard to read lately and I'm not sure if I'm trying to feed her too much or what.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Is she full?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 15:50:03 pm »
Lori

Try taking the bottle out and winding her then trying again. If she strikes up sucking again I'd say chances are she's still hungry.

Grace was a terrible nosey parker - she was always more interested in what was going on around her than the bottle so it could just be that she still wants to eat - but wants to people watch too ;)

love
Marie

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Is she full?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 19:46:07 pm »
Mine does the same :D .  As long as he is sucking he is hungry :D .  It amazing how fast they get nosey isn't it?

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Is she full?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 20:14:17 pm »
Good to know i'm not the only one :D , DS is so nosey... :roll:

Offline ahall30728

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is she full?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 07:46:54 am »
We also struggle w/ whether our girls are full.  Both have reflux, which is a complication.  Often our girls will just stop or push the bottle out after only 0.5 oz of EB.  We typically re-offer, over and over and over...  We often get into a cycle of drink-drink-push-out.  this can go on for 30-45 minutes. 

we don't want to force our girls to eat, but when do you stop offering.  our girls are twins, so our schedule is pretty important, meaning we hate small feeds as we end up feeding quite often.

are our girls full?  should we insist on a full feed (3-4 oz typical) or let them go?