Author Topic: Dreamfeed  (Read 922 times)

Offline MacksMum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Dreamfeed
« on: January 18, 2006, 00:53:40 am »
My baby girl is just over 5 weeks old and I have only just started the EASY rountine.  She is adjusting and feeding well (I think) except I struggle to get her to feed for her 10.30-11.00pm dreamfeed.   I am giving her bottled expressed breastmilk because it seems easier for this feed but she is not interested and only has a little.  She then wakes at around 4.00am for a feed after I have been up 2-3 times to give her a dummy.  I then wake her at 8.00am for her next breastfeed.  Am I doing the right thing?  How can I get her to feed more during her dreamfeed?
Amy
Mum to Mackenzie Louise
Born 13 December 2005

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Dreamfeed
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 07:27:39 am »
Zipping this over to the breast feeding folks.   :)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline mdmaynard

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 16:22:46 pm »
I must be missing something.  What is a dreamfeed?

Offline Dela

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dreamfeed
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 21:51:19 pm »
Hi there, you're doing great, I wished I had discovered the babywhisperer when my ds was that age!

If your lo is too sleepy to feed try rubbing the palms of their hands or waking 15mins later to catch a less heavy bit of the sleep cycle.

I personally prefer giving a bf rather than ebm at this feed as I love the closeness.

Sorry if I can't be of more help, at 5wks many babies dont sleep right through the night yet!

Just to clarify... a dreamfeed is where you lift your baby at about 10pm without lights or waking them and, stroking their bottom lip to get the sucking reflex going, feed them in their sleep and then just put them down again. It gives them enough calories to see them through more of the night.