Author Topic: Diaper Question (may be TMI)  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
Diaper Question (may be TMI)
« on: January 18, 2006, 03:37:13 am »
I know this is the eating board, but I figure this is the final stage of eating, right?!?  This may be too much information for some but I wanted to run it past the group:

DD sometimes has a milky discharge in her girlie parts when I change her diaper.  I think I clean her well and we go through about 8 diapers a day (but only 1 for the overnight with a doubler), so I think I change her frequently enough, but this discharge concerns me a bit.  Could it be a yeast infection?  Do we need to visit the doctor?  It's not in every diaper - maybe 1 or 2 a day.  She doesn't seem otherwise red or irritated in those parts either.

Thanks.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 03:42:48 am »
Hmmmm....not quite sure.  I have never noticed a milky discharge in zoe's...but it's not uncommon for me  :oops:  :)

Can you call your ped's office and talk to a nurse?  If so, that's what I would do.  They could probably tell you if it's normal or cause for concern.  Otherwise...if your next checkup is fairly soon and there doesn't seem to be any discomfort, you could probably wait until then.  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 04:05:48 am »
the milky discharge is just mucuse (SP??) Its normal for girls to have that in their diapers. Also don't panic if you see spots of blood, thats phasodo (SP??) bleeding and its also normal. My LO gets the milky discharge all the time.

If the vaginal area becomes inflamed, reddend, and has a fowl smell thats when your worried.
To avoid them make sure you keep her clean, and when you bath her use little or no soap in the water as that can cause it.
Kimberly