Author Topic: plesae help me sleep  (Read 953 times)

Offline cameronsmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
plesae help me sleep
« on: January 18, 2006, 13:28:16 pm »
My son is twenty months now and is a little terror.He goes to bed about 7 in the evening with a bottle and cuddle, but he will wake up by nine and only go back with more milk. He will be awake again by 12 then 2 then 3-4 etc he always wants a drink and cuddle. As we share the same room leaving him to cry is not an option also i have a nine year old he wakes who then is very grumpy at school the following day. My partner needs sleep as he starts work at 4 am and has been getting little of it . When left in his cot to go to sleep himself he trys to climb out and has fallen once. Any advice will be welcome as we need sleep badly. Im sure there are lots of people who have been in the same situation as myself and think as i do it will never end , so anyone who has beaten this situation i would love to hear from you. thank you very very very much           

emma    [/b]

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
plesae help me sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 15:21:44 pm »
Hi Emma,
      I am going to move this to the Toddler sleep board, I am sure you will find some help there!

Good luck :)
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
plesae help me sleep
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 17:29:47 pm »
I think that what will help is cutting out the before bed bottle, as it seems that he associates this with falling asleep.  Or, still have the bottle but maybe earlier in the routine.  He will still wake for a few nights, and I would suggest some PU/PD to help with this.  There will be crying involved, but it is just because you are changing how he goes to sleep.

Hope this helps!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com