Author Topic: desperate for advice with 3mo old  (Read 1186 times)

Offline 1sttime

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: January 18, 2006, 22:13:57 pm »
Hi everyone, My ds is 14 weeks today. Things were going really well, we have battled 45 min naps, but I thought we'd about fixed that. He went to sleep for naps without a peep and bedtime was great with 9-10 hours of sleep. Things have been a mess this week. He has been crying with every nap, eating awful and waking up after 45 mins everytime. He was doing 1 1/2 hrs of wake time easy and now he's yawning and crying after 45mins. I've been pushing him to 1 1/2 hrs and it's been a wreck. He goes 3 1/2 hrs between feeds now and might even go longer if I push it. Would needing to go to a 4 hr routine cause all of this? What about wake time, should I just go for it and make him stay up or follow his cues and put him down even if it's only been 45 mins? I've tried extending naps with no success. I feel like he has cried most of the day the last 2 days. Night sleep is still 9-10hrs. Ok, I'll quit now, sorry so long.
jamie

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: desperate for advice with 3mo old
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 01:53:08 am »
Sorry for the delay in replying to your post.  Have things improved over the last four days?  I'd tend to guess that if he's reverted back to 45 min naps, that he may be ready to increase his A time.  You could try it in 15 min incriments to see what helps.  He's probably fussy after 45 mins of A time if he's not napping well in the previous cycle.  The overtiredness with hamper his sleep for the rest of the day.  As far as the eating, once his naps improve again, he might push himself into a 4 hr schedule, but 3.5 hrs sounds fine.  Hope you're well.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline 1sttime

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 01:43:05 am »
Thanks for the reply. I finally just payed attention to him and put him down even if it was only 1hr and he's been fine since and has gone back to staying up 1 1/2 hrs and is taking much better naps. I think I was trying to push him too far too fast and he was really tired after a growth spurt. Thanks again.
jamie

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: desperate for advice with 3mo old
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 02:10:41 am »
That is so wonderful.  Again, sorry it took awhile to get back to you, but it sure has been crazy getting on the site with the server change.  I'm glad you are still around.  Best wishes, and remember to post again if something else changes.  Sounds like you are doing so great!!!  :)
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007