Author Topic: When did you switch nipples?  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: January 19, 2006, 00:27:07 am »
My dd is 7.5 months old and taking regular formula but it seems her # 2 nipple is a little slow for her and her #3 maybe too big. When did you started using #3 nipple for your los?
Avent or Dr. Brown´s nipple... the flow is the same according to the number?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
When did you switch nipples?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 00:36:49 am »
I used Playtex bottles and was on the fast nipple between 4-5 months if my memory serves me correctly.  Sometimes it takes a couple of days to transition  :D   If it still takes a long time to feed and/or they are getting bored with eating, I would say it is time to try and change to the faster nipple  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Kayna

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
When did you switch nipples?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 14:57:32 pm »
We just switched dd (7 months) last week. I was nursing before but just switched to bottles and didn't even realize there was different sizes  :roll:  :shock: . Anyway, went to buy more bottles and realized I was suppose to be using a size 4 (avent) and was still using a size 2. Needless to say that explained why she kept batting at her bottle trying to get it to come out faster. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

She coughed and sputtered the first couple times but what used to take a 1/2 hour to drink now takes less then 10 minutes.  :D  :D  :D
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05