Author Topic: suggestion on how to fit playgroup without routine busting  (Read 1146 times)

Offline home alone

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
suggestion on how to fit playgroup without routine busting
« on: January 19, 2006, 18:01:50 pm »
Hi
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 03:38:35 am by home alone »
monica
http://lb1f.lilypie.com/15Anm5.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie First Birthday tickers" />[/url]

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
suggestion on how to fit playgroup without routine busting
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 18:33:48 pm »
Hey there,

Going through similar thing myself - went to group yesterday with my twins for the first time...pretty scary!

I'm going to make some guesses about your schedule, feel free to correct me.

If your LO gets up at 7:15, and I assume has feed at 7:30ish, is up for 1.5 hours or so?  That takes you to 9am.  If it takes you an hour to get there and it starts at 10, then maybe your LO can nap in the car at least for one full sleep cycle.  You can plan on doing a feed while at the playgroup (nothing wrong with that!) to keep on schedule.  Your LO may only manage an hour awake time after that which should coincide with your drive home, therefore another hour's sleep there. 

How does that work?  I wouldn't worry too much.  Everyone at these groups is in the same boat.  At ours yesterday, it was such a relief that everyone was so understanding and I almost rejoiced when other babies were crying, needing to sleep, etc. 

As much as our babes need their routines, I really do think they need stimulation and socialization just as badly.

Hope this is useful and have fun!

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80