Author Topic: Please, can anyone help - how to spot intolerances?  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Raquelita1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Please, can anyone help - how to spot intolerances?
« on: January 20, 2006, 18:48:58 pm »
Hello, we have recently started introducing some solids with our dd.  There's nothing in particular that has made us think she is intolerant to anything so far, but her poos have varied a bit and I'm not sure if this is normal or cause for concern.  Sometimes they're normal like pure milk poos, other times they are the same quite liquid consistency but with some yellow bits in (sorry if tmi!) and sometimes they can be quite firm and edging towards grey in colour (again sorry if tmi!).  She is pooing well and hasn't been constipated, and seems happy enough in herself.  So is the poo variation normal when they have different foods?  Also, if something seems to give her more wind (top end burps), does this mean that she is intolerant?  Basically I'm just wondering how I'd know if she was intolerant to something?  Thanks fo your help. xx
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 12:45:49 pm by Raquelita1 »

Offline Raquelita1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Please, can anyone help - how to spot intolerances?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 12:45:01 pm »
Perhpas the boards are just a bit quiet over the weekend, but I'd really appreciate it if somebody could give me an idea as to how to spot intolerances........  Txs

Offline Kayna

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: Please, can anyone help - how to spot intolerances?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 12:47:59 pm »
The boards have been in a bit of a disray this weekend so that could be your explanation as to no response. Check out the Food Allergy board. There is a web site posted on the difference between allergies and intolerances.
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Raquelita1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 20:04:43 pm »
Thanks Kayna - I checked out that link and it was really helpful.  xx

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 20:38:57 pm »
Yep, I've just seen this today. Just to sum up what you probably already have read now. Poops won't change as much as a bad diaper rash or even facial rash will occur. If there is blood in the stool (although usually microscopic) that would be a cause for concern.

Once solids start, the poops get awful! Nasty! Full range of colors and consistencies are normal at this point on.

Some moms say "she woke hourly the night I gave her peaches" and then baby sleeps fine once peaches (or whatever food) are removed from the diet.

HTH?
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline Raquelita1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 17:59:25 pm »
Thanks for your reply.  Very helpful.  Don't think i've got anything to worry about so far, but good to know what to look out for.  Txs again.