Author Topic: 11 month old  (Read 1113 times)

Offline mezzogirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 21, 2006, 16:08:50 pm »
my dd is 11mths old (just shy off 11mths0. well she is on 3 meals a day of table food, loves it, won't let me feed her ANYTHING. So she drinks water out of a sippy cup, and usually takes anywhere from 6-10 ounces of formula .  at this age we went ahead and switched my ds to milk, whole milk. Well, how much should she be getting?  at a year with our ds our ped. said no more than 16 ounces of milk or = dairy products i.e kwim? 16 ounces of milk or equivalient dairy servings.

at this age as long as she is still sleeping good (she goes down at 6:30pm and wakes aroudn 6:30 or as late as 7;30pm, naps well too), should  i not worry about the amount as long as she is finishing what she wants.

now she will take a ton in a bottle, but i am trying to wean her off of it. for my dh she empties her sippy cup for me she plays with it mostly but towards the end of the day will drink it. if i have noticed she hasn't had a lot, i will give her about 6 ounces in a bottle, which she typically doesn't finish after a meal. I give her a WIDE variety of solid foods....

is this okay? i know solids replace formula, but my ds at this age would eat everything in sight plus drain 16-20 ounces from a  sippy cup during the day.
"Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37: 4

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Re: 11 month old
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 16:14:39 pm »
Hi there

From 12 months the recommendation is about 12oz a day of milk and dairy. If she's not big milk drinker then providing she's getting plenty of cheese and full fat yoghurt I wouldn't worry too much.

Sounds like you're doing a great job and she's doing just fine with everything.

love

Marie

Offline mezzogirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 16:15:26 pm »
so if i give her a sippy for meals and then one 'bottle' per day...no worries. by then (a few weeks) she should be mastering the cup.

thanks so much. she eats a ton, ate a whole can of green beans by herself on sunday GO FIGURE>

thanks again.
"Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37: 4