Author Topic: Vent Aire bottles leaking?  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Idahomom

• -Jen-
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Vent Aire bottles leaking?
« on: January 21, 2006, 20:43:31 pm »
Does anyone use the Playtex Vent Aire bottles and have a problem with the bottoms leaking?  I have about had it with these bottles, but my son loves the slow flow of the nipple.  I have tried putting them together a little moist, completely dry, making sure the colors of tops and bottoms match.  Anyone have this same problem and ideas please.
Jen

*ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig*

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Vent Aire bottles leaking?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 21:41:14 pm »
I use these as well - and we have had a little bit of trouble with them leaking but not as much as it sounds like you have. I found that they leak if the tops/bottoms are not screwed on exactly right, perfectly lined up and screwed on very tightly. By tight I mean like so much you can hardly unscrew them.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline GabrielleD

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 14:30:49 pm »
I've stopped using my Ventaire bottles because of leaking on the bottom. On occasion I was able to screw on the bottom correctly so it wouldn't leak, but I just don't have the time or the patience to experiment with it - I just went back to the Playtex nursers.

Offline Idahomom

• -Jen-
  • Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 18:21:38 pm »
Thank you both for your input.  I thought for sure I was doing something wrong.  If we can put a man on the moon, can't we make a bottle that doesn't leak?  I've been transitioning my son to the Avent bottles.  He coughed and sputtered a little at first, but after 2 days he's used to them now.  I am still using the vent aire for dream feed, though.  I'm afraid he'll wake up because of a faster flow.

*ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig*

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 23:02:03 pm »
We had actually started with Avent and had more trouble with those leaking!! And let me tell you switching from those (more natural breast shape) to the playtex was awful for lo, he had a hard time adjusting to the nipple size. But it's fine now and he has FAR less gas. So anyway just warning you that if the Avent doesn't work out it might be hard to swtich to something else.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o