Author Topic: What foods when?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Matka

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
  • "Brother's don't shake hands, brother's gotta hug!
What foods when?
« on: January 22, 2006, 17:20:22 pm »
I tried to ask my ped but his answers were very vague so I'm hoping to get something more steadfast from "my girls"!

Ds is doing great on solids at 5 months.  He has cereal and fruit for breakfast (one serving of cereal and 1/2 jar of fruit), yellow veg and rest of breakfast fruit for lunch, and this week we will start dinner (veg and fruit). 

My question is, how much should he eat?  Is a whole jar of veg to much?  Right now he only gets a half, as I wanted to see how he did (upset tummy, allergies, etc., so far, so good!) and he acts like he will take more.  He also has an 8oz. bottle with each feeding so I know he's getting the good calories from the formula.  Is it okay to try green veggies now?  I also saw that they have protein purees (chicken dinner and whatnot) and I'm wondering when to start those?  Should I wait a month or so, or just try it and see what happens?

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated!
Kathy-Ann
Wife to Big Dude, Mom to Clara the one-eyed Cat, Sean Henry, and Mark Daniel
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1046198.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1150719.png[/img]

Offline RosieMum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Mum to Rosie - Spirited/Angel Live in UK
    • Families Forum
Re: What foods when?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 21:33:30 pm »
I took the signs from my daughter. I started with a couple of sppons and built very slowly up to 3 meal and then 3 2oz meals and then to 3 2oz meals with puddings. She now has half a large jar and some fruit after (she's now 8 months) or if it's food made by me, 2 desert spoons of the savoury first, then some fruit. Sometimes she starts off with a breadstick while I get her food ready depending on how hungry she is! xx
Come and visit us at Families Forum