Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline jbepko

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
What to do?
« on: January 22, 2006, 21:55:38 pm »
I figured out that my now 5 1/2 month DD was MSPI at about 2 months and he did really well once I cut those out. He has blood test for milk/soy at 4 months and both were negative. About three weeks starting adding soy back in- a little sushi here and there, a little soy sauce. Then about 10 days ago, starting adding Soy milk to my coffee in am. His eczema has been doing great and BM's haven't changed. Oh BTW, he's still EBF. But about 4 days ago started with a cough about 1-2 hours before he wakes up in the am that is causing his sleep to be really restless. He used to cough alot with GERD. But he has been off Zantac for quite awhile and off the mattress incline too. He still spits up....but nothing like before. My question.....could the cough be related to the soy reintroduction. He is at daycare during the day...so lots of germs (plus has a 3 year old sister that kisses him ALOT)! But he doesn't seem to have a lot of upper airway congestion. I'm stumped. And the last 24 hours have been brutal with him. He has slept maybe 7 hours and never more than 1.5 hours a stretch (but I think that's a growth spurt).
Jeni

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 01:14:30 am »
Hmmm, well it doesn't sound like a problem with soy (haven't heard that coughing is a sign) but I could be wrong. Do you think he could be teething? Sometimes the excess saliva can cause them to cough if it gets to the back of their throat (hence lying down). Just a thought............
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 01:31:09 am »
The coughing certainly COULD be related to the soy. MSPI can trigger GERD so even if you thought his reflux was under control, the soy could be triggering a reflux flare.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline jbepko

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 01:31:48 am »
I've felt his gums and they are soft...no swelling. My DD didn't teethe until one year. Who knows? Once you figure out one question, another one comes along.
Jeni